Taking the Struggles out of life
The Personal Empowerment Program, also based on the ‘Gordon Model’, builds your interpersonal skills to help you communicate efficiently, respectfully and professionally in a friendly manner. You will gain confidence clarity and the right language for those important conversations that can feel daunting and intimidating. These valuable interpersonal skills will help you reduce stress, conflict, and struggle in your life. Your relationships will become more satisfying and you will become more productive, efficient and fulfilled at work, at home and in all your relationships.
Increase your workplace effectiveness – no matter what position you hold, this program will enhance your personal and professional effectiveness. Managers and supervisors are amazed at how productivity and efficiency are improved and anxiety, fear, and conflict are greatly reduced in the workplace.
Parents can also undertake the Personal Empowerment program either before or after completing their Parenting Program. Working on your own style of communication and assertiveness greatly improves and impacts on successfully integrating the PET skills into your life.
Fundamental skills to enhance your personal and professional effectiveness.
- Passive and Active Listening
- I Messages and Assertiveness
- 6 Step Problem solving methodology
- No-Lose conflict resolution
- How to avoid the 12 roadblocks to communication
- Consulting skills and leadership skills
- Dealing with Different personalities
- Values Collisions
- Getting your point across with clarity
- Enhance and increase your personal effectiveness
- Unlearn bad communication habits that have been blocking your success
- Learn a set of skills that will give you confidence as a leader.
- Manage situations better with people who are aggressive or difficult.
- Gain more support and cooperation and skill up for difficult and uncomfortable conversations.
- Say ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ without feeling the guilt pressure or obligation.
- Learn how to cope with anger and frustration in a healthy way.
- Attain new levels of self responsibility in getting your needs and goals met.
- Learn how to prioritise your time make room for what is most important to you.
- Communicate openly and directly so others will have confidence in you.
- Find balance and take control of the mental, emotional and physical elements of your life.
- Learn how to clean up your mistakes in a way that enhances and strengthens your relationships.
This course is based on Linda Adams ‘Be Your Best’ program and book. Linda is President of Gordon Training International. For more info and to be directed to our Effectiveness Training Website and timetable of upcoming courses: click here to find a Personal Effectiveness Program.
“The Personal Effectiveness Program has helped me so much with positive and authentic communication, not only in the workplace but in my personal life. I now have the courage to face awkward situations, where in the past I would have felt overwhelmed and avoided them.”
Jenny Tran, Teacher, Counsellor, Career Consultant